Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Review: Silence by Natasha Preston

  

Star Rating: 1/5 stars
Recommend: No



Sigh.....
I'm having a hard time with this book.
Oakley is a 16 year old girl, who has never spoken a word since she was 5. She is afraid to ruin her family if she spoke.
Trying to live life as a mute teenager is hard, especially with the lurking fear of "Frank" returning.
Okay, so here is my problem. The grammar is horrendous. Every paragraph has a mess up. It drove me nuts.
There is no flow. It jumps, constantly. You have NO clue where one scene starts and one ends. It NEEDS to have a decent break between scenes.
Half way through the book, Oakley tells the story. It's not till about chapter 11, that you find out that Cole tells the story as well.
So here is my breakdown of the character.
Oakley- supposedly tormented to where she is afraid to talk. So she stops talking at the age of 5! Come on. That alone is an issue. What child would stop talking at the age of 5, when her physical torment doesn't start till age 10?
10, I would understand..... But 5?
Not only that but let's her new boyfriend do, what she is so afraid of, so easily.
This book was like reading a diary of a teenager. To much drama and not enough plot.
From the start you have no clue what you're reading.
Mute girl- check
Apparently hot bf- check
Mystery person- not check
In the Summary it says that Oakley meets a person from her past.
Now this "Frank" I mentioned earlier is the person from her past. I mention this for a reason....
There is NO mention of the person till the END of the book. Literally. This character is not mentioned till Chapter 10 (a hint) and you still don't know until 15. (Oh there are only 21 chapters.... So you see my frustration)

I was disappointed in this book. Not only for the lack there of, but also the grammar drove me up the wall.
I will not recommend this book, nor will I read book 2



Until Next time.
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment